Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Beginning of the Major hunt...

In case you didn't catch it from the general theme of the blog, Jessa and I are strongly considering having minors in German. With that said, the majors are proving a harder choice. I am currently in Chemical Engineering, but I'm faltering at the thought of being in a lab all day. I love being a problem solver and I excel in Math and Science courses, so it seems to be the logical choice. So here are my other choices for now:

- Communications Studies
- Political Science
- Global Studies

I went and talked to someone in the Communication Studies office today and he really caught my interest. He told me about how wide of a base Communication Studies offers for your future, and the wide range had everything I had considered so far. Opportunities from health awareness to the government. He also made a great point about how all organizations need some form of communications person. What really got my interest, however, was that the major focuses on how people communicate with each other, which is part of what has me interested in the other two.

For Global Studies I talked to the head of the major last week and he was really cool and informative. He told me how I can basically make it however I want. Being an interdisciplinary major it had Anthropology, Sociology, and Political Science tied in everywhere, and again, it dealt with how people relate with each other.

-Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment